Tuesday, September 4, 2012

a birthday list.

Greetings! I know I said I would be M.I.A. for the next couple of days for my scary birthday but I've decided to get one more post in before all of the hooplah begins. I was thinking today about how my life has been thus far, and whether or not I've met any of the life goals I've set for myself in the past (grade school, high school, etc). Well, let's re-cap, shall we?:

1.) No, I am NOT married with three children (yet......hee heeeeeee)

2.) No, I have not lived in another city (EPIC FAIL on my part)

3.) No, I do not own a house

4.) No, I have not run a half or full marathon

Good job, Gina. Kudos.

These were just a few goals that I had set for myself in the past that all had a desired date of completion. For example, when I was in junior high I thought for SURE I'd be married by the time I was 25 and definitely have a child by the time I was 27. And I thought this for ALL THE WRONG REASONS. When I was younger, 13 to be exact, I thought I should be married with at least one kiddo by now because I just figured that's how it worked. You graduate college, you get a few years of work under your belt, and then you're expected to be a mama. Just goes to show you how naive I was in my youth ha. This also has nothing to do with how I was brought up so lord only knows where I got this notion! I also find it hilarious that my 13-year old self assumed I would have enough money and responsibility to own a house (BAH!). Yeah right. I can't even take out the trash without a reminder (thank you, Leslie).

All of this being said, I have decided that it's time to set some new life goals, or, a "birthday list", if you will:

1.) Yes, I will wake up every day, take a deep breath, and thank God that I actually did wake up (a little dismal, I know, but hey, nothing's guaranteed, right?)

2.) Yes, I will do something active each and every day. Even if it's simply my set of eight yoga poses I try to do every morning before the shower, or a walk with my best friends after work. I WILL be active everyday for the next 365 days.....and then we'll go from there.

3.) Yes, I will continue to make life goals but not forget to focus on the here and now, and live in the moment before those moments pass me by (insert Barbara Streisand HERE).

4.) Yes, I will tell my friends, family, and the boy how much they mean to me each and every single day.

5.) Yes, I will learn to budget my money better! I WILL!

So there you have it, just a few life goals that have come to my mind on the eve of my 27th year of life. Along with these goals, on my birthday list we can also include some Tory Burch boots, anything leopard print, bright red and pink lipsticks, iPad camera accessories, a Kate Spade watch, and just unconditional love from each and every one of you : )

Hope you all have a fab week, check back in a few days!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment