Thursday, October 4, 2012

one year.

One year. One glorious year of being lucky enough to fall in love with the most amazing man in the whole world.  It truly has been the best year of my life and I can't think of anyone I would rather spend the next 100 (yes, we will live forever) years with.  For those who are new to the blog you can get to know my honey here, here and here

Today, Tony personally delivered the most beautiful Fall bouquet to me at work which included the best card I may have ever gotten in my life.  Along with the shmoopie "i love you"'s and "best year ever"'s, he included a list of things he's learned from me throughout our one year relationship.....oh-em-gee.  Laughed.  Cried.  Loved.  It was absolutely perfect.  Since I am notorious for forgetting to pick up cards (uhh....) I thought I would do the same for him, right here.  So Tony, my darling, I shall now list all of the things I have learned from you (and will NEVER forget...) in the past year:

1.)  Pinotage is a red wine made up of pinot noir and cinsault.

2.)  Rocky V was supposed to be the last in the Rocky saga but Stallone didn't think the ending was quite the way he wanted, so he decided to bring the boxer man back for one more installment - Rocky Balboa in 2006.

3.)  Tutelage IS in fact a word.

4.)  No matter how many times I tell you I hate it, you will never stop attempting to physically pick me up.

5.)  You will try and try, but you will never be funnier than I am.

6.)  Charlie Chaplin was exiled from the US for suspicion of being a Communist.

ALSO....

7.)  Charlie Chaplin's corpse was stolen out of his grave, so upon catching the men who stole it and getting his body back, his widow had him buried under six feet of cement.

8.)  You will always love me no matter how many times I correct your grammar and try to dress you in weather-transitional clothing.

9.)  You have a man-crush on Lionel Richie.

10.)  The only celebrity woman you claim to have a crush on is Minka Kelly, but only because you think she looks like me in certain lights....(bless you).

And last but not least, I've learned what it means to be a loving, giving, FOR-giving, less stubborn, and truly happy person.  Thank you for loving me so much, I can't wait to see what those next "100 years" bring us  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment