Monday, August 13, 2012

speakeasy sunday.

 

Yesterday Tony and I spent the morning at one of our favorite spots in Lafayette Square, Rue Lafayette, and enjoyed breakfast paninis with green tea (me) and wine (him). Rue is one of our favorite places because of its delicious menu and cozy, 1930's French Speakeasy atmosphere. Every Sunday they have a band called "Miss Jubilee" perform for all of the brunch-goers and let me tell you, they are AMAZING!!! Made up of one singer gal and a five or six piece band of fellas, Miss Jubilee makes you feel like you're actually in Paris in the '30s at a loungey/speakeasy-type club. And considering the fact that I now and forever will feel that I was born about 50 years too late, I feel more than at home here. After brunch we found ourselves down on Cherokee Street here in St. Louis scouring the antique and vintage shops in search of rare treasures to take home. Don't worry, we of course took the time to document our day with delightful pictures :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment