Thursday, July 19, 2012

California Adventure - SoCal Chapter

Back again for more California fun!  Last Cali post chronicled our wine country days in Napa and Sonoma, which we followed up with a quick flight towards the more southern points in California.  Our next stops, or what we call the midsection of our trip, included two days in L.A., a day exploring Balboa Island and Laguna Beach, and then an evening/overnight stay in San Clemente.  As much as this girl loves her vino, I have to say that this was my favorite part of our trip.  I'm pretty sure 99% of people would say they love the beach and the sun and what not, and of course I do as well, but I have honestly always been more of a city girl, loving the fast-paced hustle and bustle of noisy, busy streets.  After visiting Balboa Island and Laguna/San Clemente I can officially say, for the first time EVER, that I could live in a beach town.  These places were absolutely gorgeous but still full of normal, everyday life (a.k.a. not just vacation-ers).  Our time in L.A. was fun and fast-paced complete with a taping of the Jimmy Kimmel Show, a visit to Clayton Moore (the "The Lone Ranger")'s grave site (that one was for my Dad!), drinks at Rainbow Bar and Grill (no sitings of rock'n roll legends : ( ), a game at Dodger Stadium, and lots of shopping!!  Out of everything we did/saw/visited during this portion of the trip I have to say that my favorite was our time on Balboa Island. Anywhere that requires you to put your car ON a boat to get to is my kind of place.  It didn't hurt that a gorgeous beach, a mini ferris wheel, and some of the best custard ice cream was also awaiting us on the other side  : )  Enjoy some pics below and see it all for yourself!




not at all creepy......RIP, Lone Ranger.

Balboa Island

we're buying this one......

car on a boat!


one of my faves  : )  look how turquoise the water gets as you look further out!


Laguna Beach


looking for seashells for the kiddos

view outside of our room in san clemente

i love my liiiiiife!!


As usual, more to come soon!  Only a few more posts left of our Cali adventure....yes, I still miss it  : (  Hope you all have been able to relax and have a vacation of some sort of your own this summer.  Feel free to share your stories!  

No comments:

Post a Comment